Prices can vary due to particular circumstances but this table gives a rough idea of recovery costs.
Guide Prices for Various Types of Faults
- Logical Problems – from £80.00 – Fairly simple recovery caused by accidental format of the hard drive or similar.
- Bad Sectors – from £150.00 – More complicated recovery needing specialist equipment to get the data back.
- Circuit Board Failures – from £100.00 – Usually means an identical board must be found and adapted to be able to recover the data.
- Firmware Failure – from £200.00 – Software that controls the running of the drive. Needs expensive hardware equipment to reprogram the firmware.
- USB Memory Sticks – from £80.00 – Depends on the type of damage.
- Opening The Hard Drives. – We no longer carry this sort of repair out ourselves as the high cost tends to put most people off. However, we work with a specialist company who are able to rebuild broken drives in around nine out of ten cases. Prices are usually in the region of £400 plus but can be more or less, the drive will have to be examined first.
If there is a lot of data recovered then you will need to factor in the cost of something to store the data on. We can supply hard drives or usb sticks or you can provide your own. If the amount of data is small (say less than 10gb) it is fairly simple to return it using a secure online file transfer service. We don’t charge for this service.